(The following are just a few of the questions from the November, 2002, “Spirit of Revival,” pages 37-38.
Contact Life Action Ministries, 800-321-1538, http://www.LifeAction.org
Am I being intentional about maintaining a sexually pure lifestyle…
Through cultivating my relationship with the Lord?
- Am I spending time daily reading the Bible and in prayer? (Ps. 119:9, 11)
- Am I looking to the Lord as my true source of fulfillment and joy? (Ps. 16:11)
- Am I developing a proper view of God that would increase my ability to trust Him with every aspect of my life? (Ps. 46:1, 10)
- Am I daily expressing my love to the Lord by both words and deeds? (Ps. 34:1)
- Am I generously giving my resources (time and money) to the Lord, realizing that “where my treasure is, there my heart will be also”? (Matt. 6:19-21)
Through cultivating my relationship with my spouse?
- Am I working diligently to strengthen my relationship with my spouse? (Eph. 5:22-25)
- Am I meeting the emotional and physical needs of my spouse? (Eph. 5:28-29)
- (There are eight more questions in the magazine.)
Through cultivating godly relationships with others?
- Am I developing healthy relationships in the body of Christ? (Eccl. 4:9-10)
- Have I sought a meaningful relationship with a godly mentor who encourages me in my walk with the Lord? (Heb. 6:11-12)
- Am I meeting regularly with a godly person of the same gender who is holding me accountable in areas related to sexual purity? (Prov. 27:17; Heb. 3:13)
- (There are three more questions in the magazine.)
Through establishing “guard rails” of protection?
- Am I avoiding every “appearance of evil” and “making no provision for the flesh”?
- Am I praying for protection from the temptations of the “world, flesh and devil”? (Matt. 6:13; 26:41).
- Am I refusing to go to places of temptation? (Prov. 7:8; 2:11; Ps. 1:1)
- Am I cutting off every relationship that is a source of temptation? (Ps. 101:7)
- Am I memorizing and meditating on the Scriptures? (Ps. 119:97)
- Have I installed a “filter” on my computer and am I allowing my mate to have complete access to my internet usage? (Eph. 5:11)
- Am I taking whatever steps are necessary to ensure that I will not commit sexual sin when alone on trips? (1 Cor. 9:24-27)
- Am I opening my life up to “witnesses” who hold me accountable to a blameless life? (1 Thess. 2:10)